Glycolic acid peel, or AHA, is an alpha-hydroxy acid, known as one of the most effective chemical exfoliants available. It works to loosen and dissolve bonds between dull, dead skin cells on the superficial layer of the skin and therefore gently removing the top layer. Exfoliation of this dead skin cell layer not only reveals bright, smooth underneath but also stimulates collagen production, which helps minimise fine lines , wrinkles, and evens out skin tone & texture.
Conditions Chemical Peel can improve
Procedure Time: 30 mins
Full Recovery: Immediate
No. of Treatments : 6-10 sessions
Sensitivity: 24-48 hrs
Before & After
Benefits of Glycolic Chemical Peel
- Improves overall condition of skin condition.
- Brightens and improves radiance.
- Evens out tone and texture.
- Minimises pores and pigmentation.
- Improves elasticity and firmness of the skin.
- Rejuvenates skin and improves the appearance fine lines and wrinkles.
- The anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties of Glycolic Chemical Peel reduce redness, swelling and irritation.
|No. of Treatments||Treatment Price||Special Introductory Offer|
Book Free Consultation
Call us on 01952 872828
Requested a Call Back
*leave us your phone number for a Call Back
Do I have to do anything before my treatment?
Before any treatment at Dermacore, a free client consultation takes place. During this consultation, client requirements and client suitability (based on medical history and lifestyle) for treatment are assessed. Based on these findings, a personalised treatment plan is created to help deliver the results as per client expectations. During the consultation it is important to perform a skin patch test to check suitability and sensitivity of the skin.
For at least 48 hours prior to the Peel treatment, avoid using the following:
- Facial masks
- Exfoliating agents
- Retinol based products
- Self tanners
- Stop the use of other topical products that contain AHA, BHA, and Vitamin A, 48 hours before treatment.
- Do not shave or wax, facial hair within 48 hours.
- Avoid sun exposure one week prior to the appointment.
How quickly will I see results?
You will see a visible improvement in your skin condition after your first treatment. Your skin will look brighter and feel smoother. Results will continue improve in the following weeks as cellular turnover and repair progresses.
How many treatments do I need?
Glycolic peel has an accumulative effect and are recommended once every 2 weeks for a total of 8-10 treatments. Once you have completed 8-10 treatments and are seeing good results, a maintenance treatment of one peel a month is all that is required.
Is it painful?
You may feel some tingling, tightening, or slight heat sensation.
Which Skin types can be treated?
Suitable for all skin types and tones.
What is the recovery time?
Immediate! You can continue with your normal day activities straight after treatment.
Are there any side effects?
Chemical Peels work via controlled penetration throughout the superficial layers, soothing, hydrating and exfoliating the skin. Depending on your skin sensitivity, may experience slight redness, tingling/ burning sensation and puffiness (this is a rare occurrence) up to 24 hours.
What aftercare advice do you offer?
- Do not exercise or induce sweat for at least two hours after a chemical peel treatment.
- Do not use exfoliating scrubs for 3-5 days after treatment.
- Apply moisturiser day/night cream twice a day as per normal. It is safe to use a natural balancing facial toner and HA serums, including the Vitamin E and C serums.
- Begin a gentle skincare routine. Avoid Alcohol, glycolic, retinol and active topic skincare products for up to 48 hours post treatment. Avoid applying prescription retinoid products for three to seven days after treatment.
- Stay hydrated
- Stay sun safe, use SPF 30+ (highly recommended)
- Do not pick, rub or scratch skin, this can cause irritation.
- Avoid the use of makeup for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- Avoid hot bath, hot showers, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and any other activity that would reopen pores such as exercise.
Can you use it in combination with other treatments to enhance results?
Chemical Peel can be used with Dermaplaning, Microdermabrasion, LED Light Therapy, HIFU and Radio Frequency Skin tightening for further enhanced results.