Microdermabrasion is a safe, non-invasive, damage free, controlled system of intense deep exfoliation and resurfacing of the skin using ultra fine crystals that rejuvenate the skin. The removal of the stratum corneum results in skin that feels instantly smooth, fresher and glowing whilst promoting collagen & elastin growth to strengthen and form new tighter, toned, youthful looking skin.
Conditions Microdermabrasion can improve
The Microdermabrasion Technology
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive technology that uses a fine jet off crystals to target the skin and are carried away via a vacuum action. The crystals work a gentle abrasive on the skin to remove dead skin cells and impurities (blackheads etc..) layer by layer. The irregular shape of the crystals also helps to work on hard to reach areas, without any damage to the skin. The degree of epidermal abrasion can vary by altering the crystal’s speed depending on the skin type. There is minimal discomfort experienced during microdermabrasion treatment and the patient is able to carry on with their normal day after. Normally the skin renews itself approximately every 28 days, Microdermabrasion helps to speed up the rate at which the skin would renew. The treatment is progressive, clients will continue to see positive results over the course of treatment.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Deep cleans skin
- Immediate results
- Helps treat early signs of ageing
- Rejuvenation of the skin
- Improved elasticity and muscle tone of the skin
- Stimulates fibroblasts for collagen production
- Enhances the penetration of approved products after during treatment
- Perfect for congested skin with open pores, comedones and acne prone skin
- Perfect for sun damaged skin
- Variable control allow for deeper exfoliation of thickened blemished skin & acne scarring
- Successfully helps remove unwanted pigmentation marks
- Suitable for all skin types and tones (Exc. active medical skin conditions)
|No. of Treatments||Treatment Price||Special Introductory price|
Book Free Consultation
Call us on 01952 872828
Request a Call Back
*leave us with your phone number for a Call Back
Do I have to do anything before my treatment?
Before any treatment at Dermacore, a free client consultation takes place. During this consultation, client requirements and client suitability (based on medical history and lifestyle) for treatment are assessed. Based on these findings, a personalised treatment plan is created to help deliver the results as per client expectations. During the consultation it is important to perform a skin patch test to check suitability and sensitivity of the skin.
Prior to treatment :
- Avoid exfoliating creams/skincare (especially prescription Tretinoin or other acne products) for at least three days prior to treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure prior to or immediately after treatment.
- Avoid waxing prior to or immediately after treatment.
Cleanse face and neck with a non-oily, non-soap based cleanser before treatment
How long will the results last?
The results of microdermabrasion can last for many weeks and even a few months as a result of regular treatments. Otherwise, you will see the effects fade away within 6 weeks as the skin renews itself every 28 days.
How many treatments do I need?
The results you get from microdermabrasion are cumulative. Generally, six to 10 treatments are scheduled 14 to 28 days apart depending on skin type and issue. If you’re looking for improvement of a specific skin problem, the frequency of the treatments to see any positive effects with be higher.
Is it painful?
Some people choose microdermabrasion over chemical peels and laser treatment because it is generally safer and more cost-effective. The procedure shouldn’t hurt but may be a little uncomfortable as the vacuum suction is being used. However, your skin will be slightly tender afterwards and a bit redness may appear.
Which Skin types can be treated?
Suitable for all skin types and tones. However, there are limitations. We cannot perform on ACTIVE skin conditions such as Acne, Eczema, psoriasis etc… We recommend to seek medical advice and treatment. To continue with treatments after we request a note from your GP to approve.
What is the recovery time?
Immediate! You can continue with your normal day activities straight after treatment. Microdermabrasion uses a completely inert and sterile compound with zero risk of allergic reaction.
Are there any side effects?
Skin tightness, minor redness, minor bruising, skin sensitivity, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) (rare), small skin abrasions, spots of bleeding (rare) and eye-skin bruising (especially if you are taking aspirin or other blood thinners).
What aftercare advice do you offer?
- Keep the skin cool and calm. The first 24 hours after your microdermabrasion are the most important when it comes to ensuring the best possible results. …
- Begin a gentle skincare routine. Avoid Alcohol, glycolic, retinol and active topic skincare products for up to 48 hours post treatment. Avoid applying prescription retinoid products for three to seven days after treatment.
- Stay hydrated
- Don’t pick at your skin
- Stay sun safe, use SPF 30+
- After 48 hours increase usage of collagen-stimulating peptides and Anti- Oxidant products. (Ask your Practitioner for more details)
- Avoid the use of makeup for at least 24 hours post-treatment
- Use a cooling face mask
- Avoid hot bath, hot showers, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and any other activity that would reopen pores such as exercise.
Can you use it in combination with other treatments to enhance results?
Microdermabrasion can be used with Dermaplaning, Microneedling, Chemical Peels, LED Light Therapy, HIFU and Radio Frequency Skin tightening for further enhance results.